Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Reading: "Goals! How to Get Everything You Want - Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible"


The second book I read in March was "Goals! How to Get Everything You Want - Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible" by Brian Tracy.

This year, I am focusing on becoming more intentional, especially in my homemaking efforts. In order to do this, I am working on creating yearly, monthly and weekly goals. I track all of these goals in my planner in an effort to make sure I am accomplishing them.

In just the first two months of the year, I have already seen a huge improvement in my "productivity" as a result of setting intentional goals!

I found Brian Tracy's book about goals to be very beneficial and helpful. He makes many good points about the importance of goal setting.


I am a firm believer that everyone can accomplish more than they believe themselves to be capable of. This truth is becoming even more and more clear to me this year. Each of us must make the choice to work harder and faster at our goals - even if it means we must make sacrifices.

It's not enough to throw up our hands and say we can't do something because we are "procrastinators" or because we just have too much on our plates. If that's the case for you, perhaps it's time for a change!

To start, read Tracy's book about goals. Pay attention as you read for practical advice that speaks to you.

To see the other books I plan to read in 2012, see this post.

2 comments:

  1. I just got an e-mail from the library that my copy is in so I am going to pick it up on Friday morning :) Thanks for the advice and I hope that it helps me get more productive like you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, now, please don't think that I have it all together! I most certainly do not. :)

      I do hope that you enjoy the book - it's a good one!

      Delete

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!