I was inspired this week by Crystal at Money Saving Mom after I read her list of books she plans to read in 2012. I love the idea of making a list now, before the new year even starts!
One goal that I have for myself for life in general is to read more. I love reading, but don't often make the time for it. I have no valid excuse for that - so it's going to change in 2012!
These are the books that I would like to read in 2012. I have 36 books in all, so I've laid them out so I will read three per month.
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- Quitter by Jon Acuff
- When Empty Arms Become a Heavy Burden by Sandra Glahn and William Cutrer
- Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis
- Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy
- The Infertility Companion by Sandra Glahn and William Cutrer
- Goals! How to Get Everything You Want - Faster Than You Ever Thought by Brian Tracy
- 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John C. Maxwell
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Adoption by Christine Adamec
- The Complete Tightwad Gazette by Amy Dacyczyn
- A Love That Multiplies by Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar
- Dear Birthmother by Kathleen Silber
- Be CentsAble: How to Cut Your Household Budget in Half by Chrissy Pate and Kristin McKee
- The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller
- Successful Adoption: A Guide for Christian Families by Natalie Nichols Gillespie
- Pick Another Checkout Lane, Honey! by Joanie Demer and Heather Wheeler
- Write It Down, Make It Happen by Henriette Anne Klauser
- The Open Adoption Book: A Guide to Adoption without Tears by Bruce Rappaport
- The Power of One Thing by Randy Carlson
- Saving Savvy: Smart and Easy Ways to Cut Your Spending in Half and Raise Your Standard of Living...and Giving by Kelly Hancock
- You Can Adopt: An Adoptive Family's Guide by Susan Caughman
- Sink Reflections by Marla Cilley
- Organizing Plain and Simple by Donna Smallin
- The Open Adoption Experience by Lois Ruskai Melina
- One Year to an Organized Life by Regina Leeds
- One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
- The Complete Adoption Book by Laura Beauvais-Godwin
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- You Lost Me by David Kinnaman
- The Adoption Option Complete Handbook by Christine Adamec
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families by Stephen Covey
- Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian
- Adoption: Choosing It, Living It, Loving It... by Raymond Guarendi
- Courageous by Randy Alcorn
- Cleaning Plain and Simple by Donna Smallin
- I Will Carry You: The Sacred Dance of Grief and Joy by Angie Smith
My goal during 2012 will be to read at least three books per month. Throughout each month, I will post updates on my progress. Feel free to join in, either with these books or with a list of your own!
I am able to get all of these books through our local library system, which makes them free to me. Amazon also offers great prices on books; they are an even better deal if you earn free gift cards through Swagbucks!