Saturday, May 7, 2011

Freezer Cooking Day!

With an entire Saturday free to stay home {oh, how I love it!}, I decided today would be a great day for some freezer cooking. I usually do "small-scale" freezer cooking, and that works really well for our family (just the two of us now).

I got a great deal on boneless/skinless chicken breasts at Walmart yesterday, so I baked three chicken breasts and froze the other six for later meals (probably for grilling). I shredded the three chicken breasts and then froze the shredded chicken. I will use the shredded chicken for recipes like chicken tacos and chicken enchilada dip. This way, the hard part is already done! (This method is also helpful for those nights when you forget about tomorrow's dinner prep until....say...8 pm...!)



I also made up another batch of homemade pizza sauce. We are having pizza tonight and then I will freeze all the extra sauce. I haven't purchased pizza sauce for almost a year now - the homemade variety is so yummy!

Finally, I made a batch of homemade pizza dough in my bread machine. I won't be able to eat this kind, but that's ok! I divide the dough into four parts and freeze them individually. When my husband wants pizza, he can get one crust out and make his own. I did this awhile back and it worked really well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!