Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Easy Roasted Potatoes

One of our new favorite side dishes is roasted potatoes. It's a great alternative to french fries (we find ourselves eating less and less french fries -- and that's okay!)! They are super easy to put together - about five minutes of prep time and into the oven they go.

I don't have a "recipe" for these potatoes. Truthfully, I'm terrible at following recipes! I usually end up "tweaking" a recipe to the way we might like it. And that works great for us!

For these roasted potatoes, I sometimes change the recipe each time we have it, depending on what I feel like putting in them. It's very easy to change and adapt - and it's definitely gluten-free!

Easy Roasted Potatoes

Ingredients:
2 medium potatoes (red or white)
olive oil
parmesan cheese
sea salt
parsley
garlic powder (or fresh garlic, if you have it)

Directions:
  1. Cut potatoes in bite-size pieces and put in a bowl. I do not peel the potatoes.
  2. Coat the potatoes in olive oil (it doesn't take much).
  3. Sprinkle on parmesan cheese, sea salt, parsley and garlic. There are not specific amounts - just make sure all of the potatoes are coated thoroughly.
  4. Bake in oven at 400 for about 20-25 minutes (longer if you want them crispy!). I bake mine on my Pampered Chef baking stone (which I never allow gluten to touch!).
*You could customize this with any combination of spices!

Serves 2. If you need more, use more potatoes and more spices!

(This recipe is linked to the Gluten Free Recipe Parade at Heavenly Homemakers!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!