Friday, October 22, 2010

Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins

I love my silicone muffin liners!
I like to make gluten free muffins and freeze them so I can pull them out for breakfast or a snack as needed. I normally make banana chocolate chip muffins, but I'm getting tired of those. They are delicious, but I need something different!

With fall officially here, I though apple cinnamon muffins sounded great. I started with a basic recipe (from Pamela's mix) and altered it just a bit.

I ate one and it was great! They came out really moist and fluffy, which is something that can be difficult to do with gluten free baking. Even my non-gluten free husband thought they tasted really good!

I think this recipe could easily be made into a bread. A crumb topping would be delicious on top! Some powdered sugar drizzle on top would be delicious, too.

Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Makes approximately 15 muffins.

Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 cups baking mix (I used Pamela's baking mix.)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2/3 cup applesauce
  • ground cinnamon, to taste (I think I added 2-3 teaspoons?)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix all ingredients together with a hand mixer.
  3. Separate into muffins liners.
  4. Bake for 20-22 minutes.
  5. Sprinkle the tops with cinnamon and sugar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!