Thursday, August 4, 2011

Homemade Strawberry Syrup

My homemade strawberry syrup...delicious!

I picked up some strawberries for .99 during my Wednesday shopping and decided to use one pound to make homemade strawberry syrup. This is super easy to make; I got the original recipe from HERE.


Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. strawberries
  • 3/4 cup water
  • Sugar, just under 1 cup
Directions:
  1. Put water and sugar in a pot on the stove and bring to a boil.
  2. Meanwhile, slice the tops off the strawberries and cut each strawberry into fourths.
  3. Mash the strawberries.
  4. Add the mashed berries to the water & sugar mixture. Bring to a boil again and then reduce temperature to simmer.
  5. Simmer the syrup mixture for 10-30 minutes (see note below).
  6. Store in the refrigerator. I stored mine in an old jelly jar. :)
*Note: The original recipe said to simmer for 10 minutes. I used closer to 1 cup of water, so I let mine simmer for about 30 minutes to thicken it up to my desired consistency. I don't think there's any way you could mess this up, though!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!