Saturday, October 15, 2011

Have you used the Amazon Trade-In Program?


Quite often, I talk about my love for Amazon. I purchase a number of items regularly on Amazon, especially because we live in a rural area. Here's a few items that I have purchased recently on Amazon:

Now I've discovered something else on Amazon that I love: the trade-in program! A few weeks ago, I read a reader tip on Money Saving Mom about this program. It sounded awesome, so I checked it out. Okay, well, now I'm totally hooked! In the past week, I've been able to send in 8 books for nearly $30 in Amazon credit!


You can trade in: books (including textbooks!), electronics (calculators, cell phones, digital cameras, MP3 players, etc.), movies and TV, and video games.

Here's how it works:
  1. Search for your item under the appropriate category (above). They will tell you the item's trade-in value. This will be given to you in the form of Amazon credit.
  2. Click "trade in" once you find your item. Add more items, if you want. (It's easier to group items together because then you can ship them together.)
  3. Once you complete your transaction, you will print a shipping label and a info sheet to put with your items. (You can choose to use the Post Office or UPS for shipping). Directions for shipping will print with your labels.
  4. Package all your items and take them in for (free) shipping!
So, you will get Amazon credit, not cash. I don't know about you, but Amazon credit is like cash for me!

This summer, I had this bright idea to sell our old books online. It was a great idea...until I found out that none of our books were worth anything! But, once I found the Amazon trade-in program, I was able to "sell" eight of our books! It's not a lot of money, but it is eight more books out. of. our. house. :)

And some information about Subscribe and Save:

Not familiar with Subscribe & Save? Save an extra 15% on your purchase when you subscribe to regular shipments. Note that you will then be enrolled to receive the product at regular intervals but your price will not be guaranteed. You can cancel Subscribe & Save at any time; it's usually best to cancel it after your first shipment arrives, if you do not want to continue it. If you forget, don't worry - Amazon will send you a reminder email before your next shipment is sent out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!