Stuffed Pepper Casserole is a great meal idea for dinner. It's quite simple to put together and tastes delicious!
- 3-8 oz. cans of tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 - 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Simmer tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and garlic powder on the stove while the rice cooks.
- In the meantime, brown the ground beef and chopped pepper in a skillet.
- Add the ground beef mixture and tomato sauce to the cooked rice once it's done. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spoon mixture into casserole dish. The one in my picture is smaller than a 9x13, but a 9x13 would likely work better. (Mine was very full!)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and return to oven for 5 more minutes.