Saturday, October 1, 2011

Super Savings Saturday 10/1

I was thankful for some extra breathing space in our grocery/household budget this month - it allowed me to do some stocking up!

Walmart

Burnstad's

At the end of last week we picked up a few items at Walmart and Burnstad's. We also grabbed a few items at Copps on our short trip. You can read all the details in this post.
Spent $46.54 total.

Walgreens, Walmart and Target
We were in La Crosse and Tomah on Friday and picked up some additional items:

Walgreens
Vitamin C (500 ct. total), $7.99 (On sale B1G1 free)
Spent $8.50.

Walmart
Pumpkin, $2.78 (So glad I picked this up here because Aldi doesn't have any yet!)
Spent $2.78.

Target
Herbashine hair color, FREE (with coupon)
Neosporin, $2.39 (after $2 off coupon) - This was supposed to be $2.54 before the coupon; that's what I get for not checking my receipt!
Mossimo black leggings, FREE! (On sale for $5 and I used my $5 off coupon!)
Spent $3.18.

Aldi
As usual, we grabbed a few stock-up pantry items and some produce at Aldi. What would I ever do without Aldi??!!
Canola oil, $2.89
Salsa, $1.79
2 shredded cheese, $3.49 ea.
Block cheese, $1.99
Artisan lettuce, $1.99 (This is so good!)
Corn tortillas, $1.19
Sandwich bags (100 ct.), $1.99
2 tortilla chips, $1.19 ea.
Pepperoni, $1.99
Carrots (2 lbs.), $0.49 (Wow!)
Potatoes (10 lbs.; not pictured), $1.49 (Another wow!)
Spent $25.28.

We also picked up a few other items throughout the week:
Milk (1/2 gallon bag), $1.09 (Kwik Trip)
OJ (1/2 gallon bag), $1.79 (Kwik Trip)
Wet 'n Wild makeup, $5.80 (Dollar General)
Spent $8.68.

Total spending this week: $94.96.
Total spending for September: $248.13 (out of $260.50 allocated).

3 comments:

  1. Hi Emily. I love your posts, they are about real savings.
    How do you store your exta shredded cheese?
    The pack usually says you can freeze before opening, but use up within 5 days after opening.
    The Aldi deal on shredded cheese is one of the lowest I have seen
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @rightersblokkThanks!

    I freeze all of my unopened shredded cheese until I need it. Once I open the bag, I am not sure how long it takes us to use it up, although I think it's more than 5 days. I've never had a problem doing that, though.

    Aldi is definitely the best place for cheese, esp. shredded! Very rarely can I actually find block cheese for less than $3.49/lb.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Emily
    It does, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!