Saturday, October 15, 2011

Why I will never shred carrots by hand again

Finding this cupcake recipe started it all...

I had a brilliant idea this weekend. There was about one pound of carrots left in my fridge that weren't going to make it much longer. Not wanting to waste perfectly good food, I needed a plan. I didn't want more diced carrots, since I froze three and a half pound of carrots last month. I pinned this gluten free carrot cupcake recipe on Pinterest last night and had an "aha" moment.

I could shred my carrots and freeze them that way!

Uhhh...not so quick. Did you know it's hard nearly impossible to shred carrots by hand? Yeah. Shortly after I started shredding, it became readily apparent that this was not the brilliant idea I had envisioned. Nothing about this was easy.

After 30 minutes of shredding with my cheese grater (yes!), I was left with this:


I got about 3.5 cups of shredded carrots. And I had a lot of very oddly-shaped carrot sticks.! I also had orange hands and shredded fingernails. Awesome.

After all that, I can only hope that these make some awesome cupcakes!

(By the way, we ate the odd-shaped carrot sticks with dinner. And they taste just fine.)

This is what I need!

You can bet I won't be trying this again unless I have one of these or maybe one of these!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!