Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Grandma's Taco Soup


My grandma made the best taco soup EVER, and every time I make it, I'm reminded of her. She's been gone for several years now, but taco soup continues to make regular appearances in our home.

I have actually adapted the recipe over the past year, but this is still very similar to my grandma's version. We're still going to call it Grandma's Taco Soup, though...just 'cuz!

Grandma's Taco Soup

Ingredients
  • 3/4 - 1 lb. ground beef
  • small onion, chopped
  • 2 cups carrots, chopped
  • 2 cups celery, chopped
  • 2 cans of beans (any variety)
  • 3 medium or 5 small potatoes, peeled and chopped
  • 1 "recipe" homemade taco seasoning
  • 8 oz. can tomato sauce
  • 1.5 cups water
  • shredded cheese
  • Fritos chips

Directions
  1. Cook ground beef and onion in skillet on stove.
  2. Chop carrots, celery and potatoes and add all to crockpot.
  3. Add cooked beef and onions to crockpot.
  4. Add beans, tomato sauce, and water to crockpot.
  5. Stir in taco seasoning.
  6. Cook on medium for 3-4 hours.
  7. Before serving, top with shredded cheese and Fritos chips.
*Don't leave out the Fritos - as my grandma said, "They really do something!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!