Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Grandma's Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies {gluten free}


Well, I am officially excited. I have recreated my grandma's Toffee Chocolate Chip cookies this year and made them gluten free! These cookies are seriously awesome. Just trust me.

Grandma's Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter (2 sticks), at room temperature
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 package (3.4 oz.) vanilla or French vanilla pudding mix
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 2.5 cups gluten free flour blend (with xanthan gum) - *see note below
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (regular or mini)
  • 1/2 package of toffee bits (from a 10 oz. pkg.)

Directions
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine butter, sugars and vanilla in stand mixer.
  3. Beat in eggs.
  4. Beat in pudding mix, baking soda and baking powder.
  5. Add in flour and beat until thoroughly mixed.
  6. Stir in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
  7. Spoon onto cookie sheet. Place cookie sheet in freezer for 15 minutes.
  8. Bake for 11-12 minutes, just until they are browning around the edges.
  9. Cool on cooling racks and enjoy!

Notes
  • I used Better Batter gluten free flour blend. This blend contains xanthan gum. I cannot guarantee success with any other blend since I used Better Batter.
  • In my experience with gluten free cookie baking, freezing the dough makes a HUGE difference. Don't skip that step. Just don't ask me how I know that...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily, these look really yummy! Thanks for sharing on Allergy-Free Wednesday, and hope to see you this week as well with another great recipe!

    Hope you are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic recipe! I am sharing on my "What's Cooking" menu plan (tomorrow) over at startglutenfree.com I have listed it by name and provided a direct link back to this post :) Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!