Here is a quick and easy recipe for Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches. The crockpot makes this meal even simpler!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/3-1/2 cup barbecue sauce (We like Sweet Baby Ray's, which is gluten free.)
- 1 T white vinegar
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins is gluten free.)
- 2 T brown sugar
- Bake chicken breasts. You can do this in the oven or crockpot.
- Shred the chicken breasts when they are thoroughly cooked. You can do this by hand with two forks OR you can be lazy like me and throw chunks of chicken in the blender until shredded. Your choice. :)
- Combine the shredded chicken, barbecue sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and sugar in the crockpot. Stir until well combined.
- Heat through in crockpot. You can leave the mixture on the crockpot on a low temperature until ready to serve.
- Serve on buns or in tortillas. We like to add a few slices of cheese to our sandwiches, too.
This recipe is linked to Allergy Free Wednesday.