Sunday, March 25, 2012

Menu Plan 3/25: Cheeseburger Rice, Hamburger Gravy, and more!


I've got Hamburger Gravy on the menu again this week - and there's a story with this meal! About six weeks ago, my husband made a comment about how he really missed eating "hamburger gravy." This comment was followed by a totally blank stare from me. I said, "Um...what is hamburger gravy?" So he explained it to me, since clearly, I'd never heard of such a food! A few days later, I searched online for a recipe and then made it for dinner. Well, he loved it, and I did, too, so now I put it on the menu! (It's always great to try new things!)

Sunday: Meatballs and mashed potatoes, salad.

Monday: Cheeseburger Rice, veggies, dinner rolls.

Tuesday: Lenten dinner at the little church.

Wednesday: Lenten dinner at the big church/leftovers.

Thursday: Chicken fingers (with gluten free Bisquick), veggies, potatoes.

Friday: Hamburger Gravy over Mashed Potatoes, veggies.

Saturday: Grill.

For breakfast, we each grab what we want: waffles, muffins, cinnamon rolls, pancakes, cold cereal, yogurt, etc.

For lunch, I usually eat leftovers or something simple, like grilled cheese or quesadillas. My husband eats a sandwich or leftovers - he takes his lunch to work.

Are you interested in menu planning? Read my two part series about why menu planning is so beneficial and how to get started. I promise it will help you live more intentionally!

Have you “liked” Our Frugal Happy life on Facebook yet? We have lots of fun over there, too!

This post is linked to Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday and Celiac Family's Gluten Free Menu Swap!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!