Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Organizing my clothing: lots of purging!


One of my weekly goals this week was to go through all of my clothes. I wanted to see if I need any tank tops since they are on sale for only $3 at Target this week, and we are planning a trip to La Crosse on Friday.

The first part of this task was to actually get to my box of clothes in the back of our walk-in closet. As you can see from the picture above, that's no easy task! On the right side of our closet, we hang all of our hanging clothes. On the left side, we store our empty totes and tubs (our condo has no storage space). Our off-season clothes are also stored on the left side, in the back (of course!).


I managed to get the box out of the closet (without hurting myself!) and then I proceeded to lay out all of my clothes, both summer and winter.

I spent the next 45 minutes trying on virtually every piece of clothing that I currently own. I think 75% of my clothing didn't fit anymore!


This is what I ended up keeping. (I also had a few pairs of sweatpants and pajama pants that didn't make it into the picture.) The end result is essentially that I am okay with shirts, but I only have two pairs of regular pants that work for me (one pair of jeans and one pair of khakis) and ZERO pairs of shorts for this summer. Oops. I think I need to hit the clearance racks and thrift stores!


This tub is overflowing with items that don't fit or are too worn. I haven't decided yet what I am going to do with them...I may donate them, but I'd like to try consignment if I can. I'm considering taking the tub to Plato's Closet in La Crosse to see what they will buy.

After all that, half of my dresser is empty now! I'm okay with that, though...I'd rather have fewer clothes that fit rather than overflowing drawers of clothes that I don't like and that don't fit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!