This is a simple recipe for Meatballs and Mashed Potatoes, gluten-free style.
- 3/4 - 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/3 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 3-4 medium baking potatoes
- Put beef, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a bowl and mash it all together (like you are making a meatloaf).
- Make meatballs out of the meat mixture. You can make them any size you want.
- Place meatballs in a glass dish and bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking, peel and chop your potatoes. Put them in a pot of water, bring it to a boil, and boil potatoes until they are thoroughly cooked.
- Drain potatoes and mash them (with a mixer or potato masher...either works!). If you like to add anything to your mashed potatoes, go right ahead! My husband usually adds mustard...it gives them a very nice flavor.
- Serve meatballs with mashed potatoes, and (hopefully) a veggie or fruit on the side.