Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Gratituesday: There's a fire?!

After dinner, my husband wanted birthday cake for dessert. I decided I'd eat my last Udi's cinnamon roll (best gluten free bread products ever!).

I stuck my cinnamon roll on a "Happy Birthday" paper plate and put it in the microwave to warm it up a bit.(I am not a paper plate-person, but when we lived in my grandma's house last year, we "inherited" her massive collection of paper products and I determined it would be wasteful to throw them away, so we are slowly working our way through them...there's a lot.)

Bad idea.

I see smoke coming out of the microwave.

Then I open the door and see flames...like real-fire-kind-of-flames.

I yell, "There's a fire!" My husband jumps up. And then just stands there staring at the fire. {Gee, thanks for the help, honey!} So I grab a cup, fill it with water and start throwing water on my beloved Udi's cinnamon roll.

Here's the end result:

My husband now says something like: "Guess you're having cake tonight, huh?"

Yes. I guess I am.

I am extremely grateful it wasn't more serious! Especially considering we're renting...

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!