Sunday, September 12, 2010

Menu Plan 9/12


Since I ended up quite sick in the middle of last week, our menu plan changed a little. Thankfully, we adapted very well: On Wednesday, I was in Urgent Care, so my husband popped a frozen pizza in the oven after Confirmation class. Unfortunately, I didn't eat dinner that night. Since I wasn't feeling 100% on Thursday, my husband fixed breakfast for dinner. I'm very pleased that we didn't resort to grabbing dinner out (although it helps that eating out in this town is limited...)!

Confirmation Class continues on Wednesday afternoons (3:30-5:00) this week. Church also begins on Wednesday nights, at 7:00. And this week my husband is lucky enough to have a council meeting after church, too! I am planning quick meals for Wednesday nights - and might be taking them to church so we can eat there!

Here's this week's menu plan:

Sunday: Italian-style Shepherd's Pie (We'll be eating this while we -- I mean, my husband -- watches his beloved Packers!) We had a church potluck at lunch today, so we ate a light dinner instead. My husband had a sandwich and I ate two burritos from the freezer.

Monday: Cheesy BBQ Chicken. Italian-style Shepherd's Pie

Tuesday: Cheeseburger Mini Meatloaves (using this meatloaf recipe - I make it all the time and it's delicious!) Cheesy BBQ Chicken
Also - make 2 pounds of taco meat - use 1 pound on Wed. and freeze the other for future use.

Wednesday: Tacos
Put taco meat in the slow cooker in the afternoon.

Thursday: Spaghetti, garlic bread with cheese.

Friday: Cheeseburger Rice.

Saturday: Grilled Chicken, potatoes, veggies.

For breakfast, we each grab what we want: waffles, muffins, pancakes, cold cereal, yogurt, etc.

For lunch, I usually eat leftovers. Every once in a while, I allow myself a grilled cheese sandwich with Udi's bread, but that is a special treat! My husband eats a sandwich or leftovers - he takes his lunch to work 2-3 days a week and comes home 1-2 times a week, depending on his schedule. Occasionally, I take lunch to church and we eat there together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!