Sunday, March 6, 2011

Purex Crystals fabric softener

As a Purex Insider, I was recently given the opportunity to try out the new Purex Crystals fabric softener.

As someone who has never used fabric softener, I was very interested in trying this new product. I normally throw a half dryer sheet in the dryer (to help with static cling, which drives me crazy!) and call it good. I am extremely minimal and not picky at all when it comes to laundry. As long as my clothes are clean, I'm good!


First, a little background about Purex Crystals:
  • It's not your traditional fabric softener - it's not liquid or powder. It is actually crystals!
  • While "traditional oil-based softeners coat fabics with oily residue," Purex Crystals "infuses fibers with long-lasting fragrances."
  • No more waiting for the rinse cycle (that's too much work for me!). Instead, you just put the Crystals in with your laundry in the washing machine before you start a load.
  • Purex Crystals comes in three scents: Spring Waters, Lavender Blosson and Tropical Splash.
  • Purex Crystals retails for 3.99 to 5.99. You can print a $1.00 coupon right now through Facebook!

Second, my thoughts on this new product:
  • Since I am not normally a fabric softener user, I don't necessarily have anything to which to compare Purex Crystals.
  • That being said, overall, I did like Purex Crystals. It provided a nice scent on my clothes, which I don't mind. I was given the Spring Waters scent to try. I did use less than the recommended amount and actually thought the scent was almost a little too strong. That can easily be fixed by using a little less - thereby stretching the product longer, too!
  • Would I run out and spent $3-$5 on this product? Probably not. As I said before, I am usually not a fabric softener user, so I don't feel like this is a product that I must have. Would I purchase this if I got a smokin' hot deal on it? Maybe. Our budget is tight enough (and I'm just plain frugal enough!) that I really must weigh the "needs" and the "wants" before making purchases.
If you're interested in trying Purex Crystals yourself, don't forget to print your $1.00 coupon first!

Disclaimer: I received the product free as a member of the Purex Insider team. Opinions expressed in this review are purely my own. I received no compensation for the review, other than the initial free product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!