Sunday, April 17, 2011

Menu Plan 4/17


We are preparing for Holy Week here, which is sure to be a busy week in this house! We are expecting a quiet holiday here - no visitors are coming and we have not been invited anywhere. That's okay by us, though - Easter morning tends to be VERY exhausting!

I ended up switching last week's menu around a little bit and made a new dish on Saturday night. We had Fiesta Chicken and Rice - and it was delicious! I changed the recipe (like I always do!) and we definitely think it's a keeper - maybe with some more alterations! :)

If you recall, last week we were awaiting some nasty storms on Sunday evening. Those storms did rip through our small town, although we live slightly north of where the tornado touched down. Thankfully, we never lost power and the water has receded, so it appears that we are out of the danger of flooding!

Sunday: Grilled burgers, potatoes, veggies.

Monday: Breakfast for dinner.

Tuesday: Pepperoni Macaroni, garlic toast. (I will make this on Mon. night and stick it in the fridge. Then we'll put it in the oven on Tues. night.)

Wednesday: Cheesy BBQ Chicken, potatoes, veggies.

Thursday: Pizza burgers, potatoes, veggies.

Friday: Leftovers/sandwiches. My husband will be racing driving very quickly from one church to the other for Good Friday services (one at 5 pm and the other at 7 pm), so he will likely just eat a sandwich in the car!

Saturday: Homemade hamburger helper, toast.

For breakfast, we each grab what we want: waffles, muffins, cinnamon rolls, pancakes, cold cereal, yogurt, etc.

For lunch, I usually eat leftovers. My husband eats a sandwich or leftovers - he takes his lunch to work most days. Since I work part time, I take my lunch to school (and usually we meet at church and eat together!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!