Sunday, July 17, 2011

Menu Plan 7/17



It is going to be brutally hot here in Central Wisconsin this week. I predict we will be spending a significant amount of time at the pool! Have I mentioned how nice it is to have {free} access to a swimming pool?!

Isn't it beautiful?!

Like I mentioned last week, I got to use my new Kitchen Aid stand mixer for the first time this past week. Oh, it was so exciting! I made these gluten free muffins and boy, were they delicious! I stood in awe as I watched my mixer do all the work! It was great to be able to let it mix while I did other things in the kitchen. Maybe I am just too easily amused, though...! :)

Sunday: Grill brats or make pizza burgers. Cheeseburger rice, veggies.

Monday: Chicken with sun-dried tomato seasoning, potatoes, veggies.

Tuesday: Picnic at the "little church."

Wednesday: Taco pasta.

Thursday: BBQ chicken sandwiches, rice, veggies.

Friday: Leftovers. My husband has a wedding rehearsal, but I won't be going.

Saturday: Wedding banquet (My husband is officiating.).

For breakfast, we each grab what we want: waffles, muffins, cinnamon rolls, pancakes, cold cereal, yogurt, etc.

For lunch, I usually eat leftovers or something simple, like grilled cheese or quesadillas. My husband eats a sandwich or leftovers - he takes his lunch to work most days.

This post is linked to Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of your pool access... you'll certainly need it this week! Although, just 6 months ago we were well below 0.

    the cheeseburger rice sounds like a yummy dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying the Cheeseburger Rice recipe for the first time this week. I was diagnosed gluten intolerant just a couple of weeks ago, so I'm really glad to have found your site!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Sno White - Yes, the pool is fantastic! And in this heat, I remind myself often of the brutal winter! :)

    Yes, we love the cheeseburger rice. Super easy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Evelyn - The cheeseburger rice is definitely a great meal! We usually have it once a month. :)

    I'm sorry to hear that you were recently diagnosed as gluten intolerant. Even though it's hard, remember that it doesn't have to be a death sentence. I am constantly discovering yummy new GF ideas - eating GF is not all that bad!

    I well remember the days and months after my diagnosis, almost 5 1/2 years ago. Feel free to email me if you'd like to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found an interesting GF recipe for blender pancakes that I'm going to try this week. We don't have GF intolerance in our family (that we know of), but I do try to limit our intake of wheat. Here is our menu for the week: http://delicious-nutritious.blogspot.com/2011/07/this-weeks-meal-plan-7182011.html

    BTW we are also in WI - Dane county, isn't this heat crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Jamie - Blender pancakes? That's a interesting concept!

    We are in Juneau County and yes, this heat is something else! I have to run errands today and I'm dreading it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!