Monday, August 22, 2011

Shopping last Friday: Aldi and Walmart

I finally caved and went to the doctor last Friday. As I suspected, I have a sinus infection. After visiting two pharmacies in two towns, I finally got the medications I needed. I also made two quick stops for a few things, too.

Aldi

At Aldi, I bought:

Hamburger buns, .79 (not pictured)
Red grapes (2 lb.), $1.58
2 apple juice, .92 ea.
Tortilla chips, $1.19
Chocolate chips, $1.79
4 tomato sauce, .29 ea. (for my homemade pasta sauce tonight)
Spent $8.45.


Walmart
At Walmart, I purchased:
3 Ball fruit pectin, all FREE (used this $1 off printable)
2 Earthbound Farm organic carrots, 1 lb. each, both FREE + $0.24 overage (reg. price .88 ea.; used this $1 off printable)
Great Value OJ, $1.53 (Minute Maid went up in price again, so we're going to try the GV brand!)
Planters peanut butter, FREE (used this $2 off printable)
Bakery reduction, $1.95
Lays chips, $2.50
Spent $5.63.

2 comments:

  1. Just got here for the first time from Money Saving Mom :D My daughter is 22 y.o. and has had Celiac since she was almost 2! I make almost all of her baked goods from scratch.
    I noticed our Aldi's tortilla chips recently added oats and are no longer gluten-free! A reminder to me to always check labels :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous - Thanks for stopping by!

    About the tortilla chips at Aldi - I have good news for you! They ARE gluten free!! I noticed the oats recently and contacted Aldi. They put me in touch with the manufacturer, who had this to say:

    "Our White Round Tortilla Chips have not been reformulated. They have always contained oat fiber. This oat fiber was declared on the old packaging as well as the new packaging. The new packaging probably caused you to increase attention to the ingredients.

    The oat fiber that we use is certified by our supplier as being gluten-free and is tested by the supplier prior to shipment from us."

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!