Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fall Baking: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins

Fall is in the air - I spent a little time this weekend making Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins! I made both gluten free muffins and regular muffins. They are delicious!

Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
I used this recipe from Bob's Red Mill for my gluten-free muffins. They are very yummy! I followed the recipe very closely, except I omitted the raisins & nuts and added in about a half cup of chocolate chips instead.

Regular Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
I used Crystal's recipe for my husband's pumpkin chocolate chips muffins. I followed the recipe exactly, although I used only one and a half cups of sugar and about a half cup of chocolate chips. My husband gives them his stamp of approval (and he can be tough to please a tough critic!)!

Directions for freezing muffins: I usually freeze our muffins individually so we can eat them when we want.
  1. Lay the muffins in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
  2. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer and "flash freeze" muffins for about 2 hours.
  3. Put frozen muffins in a freezer bag.
  4. Pull muffins out of the freezer as needed! Warm up in microwave or toaster oven.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!