Thursday, October 20, 2011

Rising bread in a cold house


It's 64 degrees in our house today (I refuse to turn on the heat!). And I needed more gluten free bread. However, 64 degrees is not conducive to rising bread - obviously.

So, I got creative and improvised. I placed my bread pan (covered with foil, per the directions) in our five day Igloo cooler. Then I warmed up my Pyrex heating "pad" in the microwave. I put that in the cooler with the bread pan and closed the lid.

I rewarmed the "pad" several times but after about an hour, I had bread that had risen:


Hooray!

{By the way, I used a Bread by Anna gluten free bread mix this time. I was given these mixes as a gift; I used this mix last time I made GF bread and really liked it.}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!