Fiesta Chicken with Rice is a delicious, gluten free meal. It's very simple to make and includes very basic ingredients.
I originally got the recipe from here, and have adapted to fit our preferences.
Fiesta Chicken with Rice
- 1-2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 cup long grain rice
- small onion
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 (8 oz.) can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth (try homemade!)
- shredded cheese
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper in large skillet and cook with olive oil until mostly cooked.
- Add rice and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, oregano and chili powder.
- Add the tomato sauce, green peppers and chicken broth.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. Stir once or twice during that time.
- Add shredded cheese to the top when served.