Monday, October 24, 2011

Shopping Trip: Walmart and Burnstad's on Friday

While we were in Tomah, we also picked up some items at Walmart and Burnstad's.

Walmart
At Walmart, we purchased:

Cortaid, $6.47 (on a separate receipt...will submit this rebate for my money back)
2 Earthbound organic carrots, FREE plus $0.24 overage (used $2/2 Recycle Bank printable)
Kashi cereal, $1.28 (used $2/1 Recycle Bank printable)
Popcorn, $5
2 Old Orchard juice concentrate, $1.22 each (used $0.50/2 coupon)
Equate Bismuth, $2.96
2 Renuzit cones, both FREE (used $1 off printables)
Spent $25.04. (and I'll get my Cortaid $ back)

*I tried to use my $1.50 off Axe body wash coupon for trial size. The cashier looked briefly at the coupon and said, "This won't work; you didn't buy the regular size." To which I promptly replied, "Well, it doesn't have any size exclusions, but please take it off my order." Maybe next time...

*The Renuzit coupons caused massive confusion for the cashier. They actually pictured the adjustable cones, so she couldn't deny it! She eventually pushed them through...but she set the coupons aside and made some snide comment about needing to check into that later since those wouldn't scan...

*I think I chose a bad cashier, don't you? :)

Burnstad's
At Burnstad's, we purchased:

2 Earthbound organic celery, both FREE (used $2/2 Recycle Bank printable)
Ground beef, $6.87 ($2.29/lb.)
Hunt's spaghetti sauce, $1
Spent $7.87.

*That Earthbound coupon sent the cashier (and manager!) into a tizzy! I eventually convinced them to make it worth $1.98...heaven forbid if I get that extra $0.02 overage! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!