Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Organizing Your Home: the bathroom

So far in this series, we've talked about organizing your pantry, refrigerator, freezer and kitchen. Keeping your home organized does take time and work - but I believe it's so worth the effort! Your home will be much easier to manage when it's organized.


Use the space in your closet(s) wisely. We are fortunate to have two full bathrooms in our condo. The guest bathroom does not have a closet or any storage (other than the vanity), but our master bathroom has a large closet, which is pictured above. I keep a lot of items in that closet!

Don't allow your bathroom counter to become cluttered.

I strive to keep our bathroom counter fairly clean! We keep a minimal number of items on the counters on a daily basis. Obviously, the hand soap needs to be on the counter, and our toothbrushes are also there. I have a basket on the counter for my husband's vitamins, and he keeps his shaving stuff out all the time. Other than those items, everything else either stays in the closet or in the vanity.

A big bonus to keeping less items on your counter means that cleaning is much easier. :)

We have no drawers in our bathrooms here, so we've had to improvise. My solution has been baskets and buckets that are in the vanity. We each have one basket that holds the items we need daily. I also have other baskets that hold cleaning supplies, extra health & beauty items, etc.

This actually works really well for us. I have to say that I don't think I miss having drawers!

The bathroom is one of those places that can become easily cluttered because of all the individual bottles of different products. It's important to have a good organization system in place so you don't become overwhelmed.

Spend 15 minutes today evaluating the organization in your bathroom(s). How can you better organize it to work better for you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!