Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Shopping: Walgreens, Walmart & Vitacost.com


I basically avoided the stores like the plague on Friday (and all weekend!), but I did grab just a few items at Walgreens and Walmart while we were out of town.

Walgreens
4 Welch's sparkling juice, $1 each (stacked $1/2 store coupon with two $2/2 manufacturer coupons)
Spent $4.55.

Walmart
2 Powerade, $0.82 each
Renu travel size contact solution, $1.47
Equate Bismuth quick dissolve tabs, $2.67
Toothbrush holder, $0.97
Spent $7.12.


On Monday, I took advantage of my $10 Vitacost credit and their free shipping offer and placed an order with them. I ordered:

Better Batter GF flour blend (5 lbs.)
Glutino GF pretzels (14.1 oz.)
Spent $15.86 after discount and free shipping.

The $10 Vitacost credit is still available, but the free shipping offer is over. It's still a great deal, though, because you can purchase $10 of merchandise for the flat-rate shipping fee of just $4.99!

*I haven't used Better Batter yet, but I've heard so many good things about it (especially from Nicole at Gluten Free on a Shoestring). It already contains xanthan gum, which is great, so I'm looking forward to trying it out for my gluten free holiday baking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!