Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Amazon Trade-In Program {or how I got $92 credit from two old textbooks!}


If you haven't tried the Amazon Trade-In program, you will definitely want to check this out!


On Monday night, we found a box of my college textbooks that was missed the last time I traded books in on Amazon. Well, apparently this week is MY week! Two of the books I found buried in my closet were worth just over $92 on Amazon with their Trade-In program!! Of course, they both will need to be accepted by Amazon Marketplace, but I don't expect that to be a problem. Nope, not a problem - got my credit!

Once they're accepted, the Amazon credit will be deposited into my Amazon account and I can spend it however I would like on Amazon.com. Woo hoo!

This was my husband's response to this exciting news: "Well, maybe now we can afford peanut butter!" We had just been talking about the astronomical price of peanut butter now. :)

"Yes, honey, I think we can buy some peanut butter." ;)


If you're interested in the Amazon Trade-In program, here's more information:

You can trade in: books (including textbooks!), electronics (calculators, cell phones, digital cameras, MP3 players, etc.), movies and TV, and video games.

Here's how it works:

  1. Search for your item under the appropriate category (above). They will tell you the item's trade-in value. This will be given to you in the form of Amazon credit.
  2. Click "trade in" once you find your item. Add more items, if you want. (It's easier to group items together because then you can ship them together.)
  3. Once you complete your transaction, you will print a shipping label and an info sheet to put with your items. (You can choose to use the Post Office or UPS for shipping). Directions for shipping will print with your labels.
  4. Package all your items and take them in for (free) shipping!
So, you will get Amazon credit, not cash. I don't know about you, but Amazon credit is like cash for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!