Tuesday, February 7, 2012

2012 Reading: The Happiness Project


Last week, I read "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin. It was a book that made me think. It was also a very encouraging and uplifting book - which is what I would expect from a book all about happiness!

I love Gretchen's intentional efforts to be happy - in every part of her life. While I would never find happiness in the same things in which she does, I can still appreciate her approach.

One of her basic premises is that it is important to spend time doing the activities that bring you happiness. That is so true! Why spend time doing something if you don't enjoy it? Gretchen spent an entire year trying different things in an effort to understand what brought her true happiness.

Now, I'm reading a book from my unpublished book list. After that, I hope to read either Kisses from Katie or 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership (depending on which one arrives first at the library!). So far, I am doing very well with my goal to read three books per month in 2012!

What book recommendations do you have?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!