Monday, April 23, 2012

Our shopping trip to Target on Friday


Last Friday, we did some shopping at Target - and got some awesome deals!

3 Mossimo camisole tank tops, $3 each (used three $3 off printables)
2 Glade aerosols, both free (with two printable coupons, no longer available)
2 Method dish soap (18 oz.), $0.69 each (stacked coupons)
Pyrex storage (6 pc.), $9.29
Up & Up bath tissue (12 double rolls), $5.79 (used $0.50 off printable)
2 Up & Up facial tissue (184 ct. each), $0.89 each (used two $0.50 off printables)
2 Tums Freshers (25 ct. each), $0.11 each (price cut for $2.36, stacked coupons)
2 Bandaid Quiltvent (80 ct. each), $0.36 each (used two $2 off printables)
2 Foodsaver quart bags (20 ct. each), $6.99 for both (used B1G1 free Target printable, plus two $2 off manufacturer printables = $0.18 per bag, an excellent deal!)

I also got three tubes of Aquafresh Kids toothpaste for free at Walgreens. Those will be added to my Operation Christmas Child box!

Total: $36.02. (My husband was with me and I think he was actually impressed this time. I had over $30 in coupons!)

A few notes:

- The weirdest thing happened with the Mossimo tank tops. The cashier told me that I could only use one coupon per transaction (I have never been told this before...). I said, "OK, that's fine. Just remove two of them." Then my husband and I stopped back by Target later and each bought one more tank top...take that, Target!

But what was most funny was that she let me use two Glade coupons, two Method coupons, two Up & Up tissue coupons, and two Tums Freshers coupons, all in the same transaction! I have no idea why she took issue with the Mossimo coupons, but I'm not one to argue, so we laughed about it - and then returned to purchase the other two. You cannot beat $3 for a tank top!

- I have never purchased Method dish soap, but I couldn't pass it up at this price! We all know that I am partial to Dawn for its degreasing power, but this deal on Method soap is unbeatable! I'm looking forward to trying it.

- I did find Bandaids that would have been free (20 ct., I think?), but I opted to pay $0.36 for 80 Bandaids instead, as that is an awesome price! These will live in our stockpile for now, but they would also make a really great donation item.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome trip!!! I haven't been to Target in ages because I just haven't found the deals to drive all the way there but it sounds like I should be :) My cousin went and got the $3 pants instead of the tank tops because it wasn't what she was looking for and the cashier had to override the second coupon. Weird that they said only one per transaction because I have only heard them limit it to two per transaction before. The luck of the cashier right :) I am glad that you were able to get the ones that you wanted though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison - Target is an hour away from me, so we typically make it there once every 4-6 weeks (usually when we have a dr. appt.). I love Target and would totally go more often if we lived closer (but then again, that could be a bad thing!).

      I really think it was the cashier, more than anything. Like I said, it was so strange! But yes, I am glad I got the tank tops...I wear them underneath shirts and sweaters all the time and these are so comfy!

      Delete

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!