Friday, May 25, 2012

2012 Reading: Meaning of Marriage, He Remembers the Barren, and How My Soul Yearns...


I haven't posted an update about my reading in awhile...here's what I've been reading lately:

I highly recommend "The Meaning of Marriage" by Timothy Keller. This was a fantastic book about marriage! I really appreciated how well Keller included theology and God's wisdom throughout the entire book.


I also read "He Remembers the Barren" by Katie Schuermann. I actually bought this book on Amazon (with a gift card, of course!) because this is one we want to keep in our home library. My husband read this book after me.

If you are struggling with infertility, or know someone who is struggling with infertility, this book is for you. Several members of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod collaborated to write the various parts of this book, and I really appreciated reading a book put forth by our church body.


And finally, I worked my way through an ebook on my computer: How My Soul Yearns: How God Brought Me Through Infertility by Ashley Wells. Ashley does a fantastic job of discussing how she was able to allow God to help her through her infertility. That is a very tough journey - and one that can't be taken with God at your side.

While I enjoyed reading this book, I struggled to get through it - simply because it was an ebook on my computer. I can handle reading ebooks on my Nook (occasionally), but I much prefer a paper book in my hands!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!