Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summer Cleaning: kitchen counters


One of my weekly goals last week was to thoroughly clean my kitchen counters, as well as clean out the toaster oven and toaster. This really was not a tough project and actually didn't even take me very long!


After I cleaned the toaster oven and cleaned out the toaster (yuck!), I moved on to scrubbing down the counters and washing a few items, like two unused canisters, my utensil canister, my spice rack, the knife block, etc.


It was so nice to have everything so neat and clean! We've lived here for nearly one year now, so the kitchen was definitely due for a good, thorough scrubbing.


Starting next week, I am going to dive headfirst into spring summer cleaning our home! Because I work in the schools as a substitute (which is sporadic, at best), spring cleaning is not feasible for me. Instead, I'm going to deep clean our home during June and July this summer. My approach has been inspired by Crystal at Money Saving Mom.com and while I don't care for cleaning, I am looking forward to attacking this project day-by-day. Look for more details next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!