Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Shopping at Aldi & Metro Market $13


I also stopped at Aldi and Metro Market (a Copps affiliate) while we were out of town. There is quite a story to my shopping at Metro Market!

As I was walking into the store, I spotted a catalina coupon on the ground and picked it up, thinking I'd throw it into the garbage so it wasn't littering the ground. Well, God sent that catalina directly to me because it was a coupon for $10 off a $10 minimum purchase! I stared at it and couldn't believe it. I even stopped at the Service Counter to make sure it was legit. The lady assured me it was indeed legit and that it must be my lucky day. With $10 in free groceries to spend, I decided to do the General Mills cereal deal:

6 boxes of Chex cereal
1 liter bottle of Listerine (used $1 off coupon)
Spent $6.16 for everything!

*Here's the details of the cereal deal: Buy (6) boxes of GM cereal and get $9 off at checkout. I also got a coupon for a free gallon of milk and a coupon for a free dozen eggs, which I gave to a friend. If I had coupons, the deal would have been even better, but since I was out of town, I didn't have anything.

Shopping at Aldi
Sandwich bags (100 ct.), $1.99
Vegetable oil, $2.49
2 Tortilla chips, $1.19 each
Spent $6.97.

*So far, I'm doing really well with my cash-only budget for groceries, household items and health & beauty products. :)

--I also spent $7.38 at Kwik Trip last weekend (for ice cream and hamburger buns).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!