Saturday, June 9, 2012

Super Savings Saturday 6/9: Taking the cash-only plunge!


As I mentioned a few days ago, I am taking the "cash-only plunge" for the month of June for groceries, household and health & beauty items. After only a week, I haven't formed too much of an opinion yet. However, I will say that I do think using only cash forces me to take a second look at my purchases! At the end of June, I will post my thoughts on my cash-only challenge.

Last weekend, we grabbed a few items at Target. And on Tuesday, I ran a few quick errands in Mauston. Read the details in this post.
Spent $32.86.

On Thursday, I stopped at Walmart and Aldi in Baraboo after an interview:

Walmart
Dr. Thunder 24 pack, $4.98
Old Orchard juice, free with coupon (received in the mail)
Purex Ultra Packs (36 ct.), $0.77 (used free product coupon with a max value of $5)
8 Yoplait cups, $0.59 each (used $0.60 off 8 printable)
Spent $12 exactly (That works nicely on the cash-only budget!)

Aldi - See the weekly deals in this post.
Chicken breasts (3 lbs.), $5.49
3 shredded cheese (16 oz. each), $2.99 each
Pepperoni, $1.99
Ranch dressing, $1.29
Corn tortillas (30 ct.), $1.29
2 Super Eraser sponge (2 pk. each), $0.99 each (Need these for my Summer Cleaning!)
Ground cinnamon, $0.99
Brown sugar (2 lbs.), $1.49
Sour cream, $1.29
100% juice, $2.49
2 Tortilla chips, $1.19 (I bought two bags, but she evidently only scanned one...)
Red grapes (2 lbs.), $2.38
Strawberries, $0.99 (These are huge - and delicious!)
Spent $31.84.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!