Thursday, September 2, 2010

Chopping onions for the freezer


As I stood in the kitchen tonight...tears streamed down my face. I sniffled. My eyes burned.

You're thinking, "Oh my! What tragedy happened?"

I was chopping onions.

Yes, onions were my tragedy. These were the strongest onions I have ever chopped.

I have had these onions awhile and decided today {as I made my September menu plan} that I should chop them all and freeze them for future use before they go bad.

Indeed, it was a great plan. If only it didn't have to be so sad.

These onions weren't even anything special. Really. They were from Aldi (have I mentioned how much I love Aldi?!) - just plain old cooking onions. But, man, were they strong!

As sad as it was, I resisted the urge to bawl as I chopped all of them, put them in freezer bags, and happily put them in the freezer.

At least I'll save myself some tears later. And did I mention that my nose is a bit more clear now?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!