Sunday, July 24, 2011

Menu Plan 7/24


I think it is going to be slightly cooler this week - as in maybe not 100 degrees...maybe just 90? You would think this St. Louis girl would be "used" to this kind of weather, but seriously - who gets used to 105 degree temperatures?!

The next three weeks will be crazy-busy for me. I am directing our church's Vacation Bible School, which starts on August 8. That means we're now down to crunch-time!

Last week's menu plan got all jumbled-up. The plans changed several times through the week, but no matter. The beauty of a menu plan is that I was easily able to switch meals around and no one went hungry!

Sunday: Grill brats.

Monday: Chicken and Rice with cheese sauce, veggies. (This is a dish that I invented on the fly one night. I cook diced chicken in a skillet with some seasonings [garlic, salt, pepper, your choice]. Serve the chicken over cooked rice with homemade cheese sauce drizzled over everything. Delicious!)

Tuesday: Gluten free pizza. (I have Bob's Red Mill crust mix in the pantry, but if I feel like experimenting, I might try this homemade crust.)

Wednesday: Meatballs and mashed potatoes, veggies.

Thursday: Chicken Enchilada Dip.

Friday: Grill.

Saturday: Grill.

For breakfast, we each grab what we want: waffles, muffins, cinnamon rolls, pancakes, cold cereal, yogurt, etc.

For lunch, I usually eat leftovers or something simple, like grilled cheese or quesadillas. My husband eats a sandwich or leftovers - he takes his lunch to work most days.

This post is linked to Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!