Monday, August 29, 2011

Shopping Trip: Walmart


I did a large(r) shopping trip today because we will have company this weekend. There was extra money in the budget, so I'm putting this in August and not beating myself up over it. The skyrocketing prices of food are crazy, that's for sure!

I did two transactions to make things easier on myself and the cashier. Everything went very smoothly, especially since I wasn't nasty to the cashier, like the customer in front of me!

2 Kashi cereal, $1.28 each (used two $2 off Recycle Bank coupons)
Garlic powder, .74
Syrup, $2.98
2 Renuzit cones, both free (0.97 reg. price, used two $1 off printables)
2 Visine A.C. (antihistamine), .50 each (used two $3 off printables)
Hot dog buns, $1.22 (markdown rack)
6 Yoplait Light cups, .58 each (used .40/6 printable)
Yoplait Light 4 pack, $2
2 Hillshire Farm lunchmeat, $2.93 each (used two .55/1 printables)
Oscar Mayer beef hot dogs, $3
4 Old Orchard juice, $1.23 each (used $1/4 printable)
4 Earthbound Farms organic carrots, free plus .48 overage! (0.88 reg. price, used two $2/2 Recycle Bank printables)

I bought the sea salt at Dollar Tree for $1. I am going to try this homemade seasoning mix! Anyone know where to find white pepper? I've never even heard of it. :)

Spent $29.53.

*I was hoping to get free Visine for Contacts with my $3 off coupons, but my Walmart has decided to shoot the price up to $4.57, so I bypassed that! It was $3 not very long ago. :( I will check Target next time I'm in Onalaska instead.

*I seriously love getting free produce! Who says that coupons are only for junk food?! :) I've been making a container of carrot sticks each Sunday for my husband to take with his lunches during the week, so this is really nice. The $2/2 Earthbound coupon is 75 points on Recycle Bank - well worth it, in my opinion!

*My store had one Febreze Noticeables starter left, but it was $2.97. I opted not to get it, even though it would have been free with my $3 off coupon. It is just the starter kit and doesn't have any fragrance with it, so I figured it wouldn't do me any good! The fragrance refills are closer to $5, so that's a bit spendy for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!