Saturday, September 17, 2011

Super Savings Saturday 9/17

We had a very long week here as our church was unfortunately burglarized sometime during the middle of the night on Sunday. It was very scary to discover and we've only just begun the recovery process. Thankfully, no one was in the building during the burglary. They did steal my husband's computer (he's the pastor), which is quite the inconvenience (he lost months of work), and they also pried the safe from the floor (although as they later discovered, it was empty!). As you can imagine, they also did a significant amount of damage to our building. Right now, we are extremely thankful for insurance!

In the midst of the craziness, I did run a few errands to pick up some groceries.

Walgreens
Festival

I did four separate transactions at Walgreens on Monday. Whew! I also picked up just a coupon items at Festival. You can read about those two stops in this post.
Spent $16.83.

Walmart
I picked up a few things at Walmart on Wednesday. Both the cashier and the customer behind me were very impressed with my shopping! You can read the details in this post.
Spent $18.37.

Aldi
I love Aldi! Have I mentioned that recently? :) This was mostly a pantry stock-up trip for me. You can read the details in this post.
Spent $29.16.

Throughout the week, we also picked up a few other items:
Applesauce, $1.75 at Dollar General
Blue Moon beer, $8.96 at Kwik Trip
Milk, $1.09 at Kwik Trip (It went down?)
Eggs, $1.49 at Kwik Trip (Yikes!)
Butter, $2.79 at Kwik Trip
OJ, $1.99 at Kwik Trip
Spent $18.07.

Total spending this week: $82.43.
Total spending for September: $109.08 (out of $260.50 allocated).

4 comments:

  1. Emily, I am SO sorry. That is terrible! Insurance can cover damage, but all your husband's work! You can't really recover that.

    I will be in prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Janelle

    Thank you, Janelle! We appreciate the prayers. We are also, of course, praying for the burglars.

    Yes, there's some work he won't get back ever. For most of it, he now only has paper copies, so we'll be spending a lot of time re-typing. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopped over from Money Saving Mom. Church burglaries are so difficult to deal with - it is hard to reconcile why anyone would steal from the people trying to help the community! Our church has had problems with burglary and arson since we are out in the country, but also close to an interstate/truckstop area. My prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Catherine,

    Thanks for stopping by!

    We live in a very rural area, too. There have been other church burglaries. Boggles my mind how someone can steal stuff as they're looking at pictures of Jesus and the 7th Commandment!

    We just pray that justice will be done, in some way!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!