Saturday, November 12, 2011

Review: Chebe Gluten Free products {delicious!}

Cheesy rolls!

About a month ago, Chebe contacted me and asked if I'd be willing to try and review a few of their products. Of course, I jumped at the offer! They sent me two packages of all-purpose mix, two packages of pizza crust mix, and two packages of garlic-onion breadstick mix. We have tried (and loved) the cheesy bread in the past, but I was excited to try some of their other varieties.


The same day I got the box in the mail, I made garlic-onion breadsticks to go with our dinner. They were amazing! My husband is not gluten free, and he typically does not care for gluten free bread. However, Chebe is the exception to that rule! He was actually hiding the leftover breadsticks from me so he could eat them!


I have also made cheesy rolls (twice) with the all-purpose mix. Those rolls are awesome. My husband compares them to the cheesy rolls at Red Lobster (I don't even remember what those taste like). Once again, I caught him hiding the leftovers!

I am hoping to try Pigs in a Blanket with the pizza crust mix - that sounds like fun! I also want to try using the pizza crust mix for an actual pizza crust - I bet it will be delish! Chebe's website has lots of recipes that you can make with their mixes. One of the things that I really like about Chebe mixes is that they are very versatile.


Chebe products are sold in many stores (locally: Festival & Copps), and they're also sold on Amazon with the Subscribe and Save program. Buying them on Amazon is certainly the most cost-effective. All Chebe products are certified 100% gluten free - but I promise that you will not miss the gluten!

We've like every Chebe product that we've tried, for sure. The only drawback is that the dough can be very sticky when you mix it up. However, I don't let that bother me because I know how delicious the end result will be!

*If you'd like to purchase Chebe products, you can do so on Amazon:

2 comments:

  1. I made calzones for my husband with the Chebe All Purpose mix and he was so happy - until I told him that he couldn't eat them all at one meal. ;) My mom's giving him 2 cases of it for Christmas. I almost cried when I realized that not only did the Chebe mixes not contain gluten, but also no corn, soy or sunflower oil/seed, as he can't eat any of them, either. The kids and I have homemade pizza every Friday, so having these mixes makes it possible for me to make something tasty for him, too. Thank you, Chebe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kate Aren't they great products? That's a great Christmas present, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!