Friday, November 11, 2011

An update on this week's cooking experiments: oatmeal, Chebe bread and fries!

I didn't accomplish all of the cooking experiments this week that I mentioned in my weekly goals. My week was quite a busy week! I didn't make more crockpot applesauce because we didn't enough apples left (we've been eating lots of apples lately because we're tracking five servings of fruits & veggies every day for our health insurance). I opted not to make gluten free carrot cupcakes because we simply don't have room in our freezer currently - case in point:


I hope to make the carrot cupcakes sometime soon - as soon as there's room in the freezer! In the meantime, here's what I did accomplish this week:

Why, yes! That is snow outside my window - 5 inches to be exact!
I loved oatmeal when I was growing up, but it's something that I haven't eaten in a long time. I'm not sure exactly why - but this week, I remedied that problem! I used this recipe from The Willing Cook and basically followed it to a T!

I enjoyed the oatmeal, although I think I should have cooked mine longer. I added brown sugar and cinnamon to mine, and I also stirred in some of my homemade apple butter. It tasted delicious! I definitely stayed fuller longer after eating oatmeal, which was a nice bonus.


These Oven Parmesan Fries weren't on my weekly goals, but they were on my menu plan. As you can see, I baked these on my Pampered Chef baking stone. We thought these tasted very good! I don't have any Old Bay seasoning, so I just left that out.


We also had Pizza Sloppy Joes this week - we like the pizza version better than regular sloppy joes now! Look for the Pizza Sloppy Joes recipe next week!

Along with our Pizza Sloppy Joes, I also made more Chebe cheesy rolls this week! Look for my review on Chebe products coming on Saturday morning. These rolls are awesome!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!