Tuesday, September 4, 2012

An update on my 2012 goals


As we approach the last four months of 2012 (seriously, where has it gone?!), I've taken a look at my 2012 goals. I've accomplished throughout these eight months, which is awesome (I'm quite proud of myself!). But, I need to refocus for the remainder of the year.

Here's how I've done so far:

Personal
  • Read 36 books in 2012 = three per month. {At the end of June, I had read 23 books; I've read several more since then. See all the books I've read on Pinterest.}
  • Completely reorganize our filing cabinet. I intend to spend at least one hour per week on this (during an average week).
  • Complete one Do-It-Yourself project per month. {I fell off this during the summer, but I have four projects planned for the rest of the year.}
  • Exercise regularly - at least three times per week. We just bought a Nordic Track treadmill, so I will be working on creating some workout routines that work best for me.
  • Create monthly goals (a new concept, but similar to my weekly goals) for my personal life.
  • Continue creating weekly goals. {Getting back on the goal-setting bandwagon now!}
Blog
  • Post a Do-It-Yourself project update at the end of each month. {This is starting up again.}
  • Post a monthly reading update at the end of each month. {I haven't been posting updates regularly, but I keep track of the books I read on Pinterest.}
  • Post two new recipes per month. I did well with this at the beginning of the year, but likely won't be seeing it through to the end of 2012.
  • Create monthly goals for my blog. {I am getting back on the goal-setting bandwagon now!}
Marriage and Family

And here are my adjusted goals for the remainder of 2012:
  1. Read 15 more books, for a total of 44 books in 2012 (stay tuned).
  2. Complete four remaining Do-It-Yourself projects (stay tuned).
  3. Exercise 3-4 days per week (walk on treadmill, yoga stretching).
  4. Finish intensive cleaning (in September).
  5. Finish my crochet washcloth.
  6. Organize our "childhood memories" in tote boxes.
  7. Put together tax spreadsheet and keep it updated.
  8. Create monthly and weekly goals.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!