Tuesday, January 3, 2012

12 DIY projects I plan to try in 2012

Homemade Hamburger Buns
After Crystal's attempts at 12 DIY projects in 2011, I was inspired to create my own list for 2012 (Crystal also has a new list for 2012).

I have been developing a new love for various do-it-yourself projects in the home, like cooking, baking, and even a few crafty projects (although I will never be crafty!).

I will try one project per month during 2012. At the end of each month, look for a post about how I did. Those may be some entertaining posts...I'm sure! Here's what I want to try:

January - Gift tags from the Christmas cards we received this Christmas. Done! See my update in this post.
English muffins

February - Homemade English Muffins (for my husband). Done! See my update in this post.


March - Gluten Free Pita Bread. Done! See the update about my pita adventures in this post.

Artisan Bread

April - Homemade Artisan Bread (for my husband). The Artisan bread was a huge success!

May - Homemade Hamburger Buns (for my husband).

Crochet
June - Learn to crochet and make a dishcloth.

July - Gluten Free Ravioli with fresh pasta.

August - Homemade Strawberry Jam (with free fruit pectin from summer 2011).

September - Gluten Free Apple Pie with homemade crust.

October - Homemade Yogurt in the crockpot.


November - No-Sew Fleece Tie Blanket.

December - Homemade Wheat Thins (for my husband).

With these DIY projects and the 36 books I plan to read in 2012, I will stay busy enough! By writing these goals down, I am committing to them. This will definitely be a good thing in my quest to be more intentional at home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!