Tuesday, January 3, 2012

12 DIY projects I plan to try in 2012

Homemade Hamburger Buns
After Crystal's attempts at 12 DIY projects in 2011, I was inspired to create my own list for 2012 (Crystal also has a new list for 2012).

I have been developing a new love for various do-it-yourself projects in the home, like cooking, baking, and even a few crafty projects (although I will never be crafty!).

I will try one project per month during 2012. At the end of each month, look for a post about how I did. Those may be some entertaining posts...I'm sure! Here's what I want to try:

January - Gift tags from the Christmas cards we received this Christmas. Done! See my update in this post.
English muffins

FebruaryHomemade English Muffins (for my husband). Done! See my update in this post.


MarchGluten Free Pita Bread. Done! See the update about my pita adventures in this post.

Artisan Bread

April - Homemade Artisan Bread (for my husband). The Artisan bread was a huge success!

May - Homemade Hamburger Buns (for my husband).

Crochet
June - Learn to crochet and make a dishcloth.

July - Gluten Free Ravioli with fresh pasta.

August - Homemade Strawberry Jam (with free fruit pectin from summer 2011).

September - Gluten Free Apple Pie with homemade crust.

October - Homemade Yogurt in the crockpot.


November - No-Sew Fleece Tie Blanket.

December - Homemade Wheat Thins (for my husband).

With these DIY projects and the 36 books I plan to read in 2012, I will stay busy enough! By writing these goals down, I am committing to them. This will definitely be a good thing in my quest to be more intentional at home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!