Monday, February 20, 2012

February's DIY Project: Homemade English Muffins


My Do It Yourself experiment for February was Homemade English Muffins for my husband.

I have to tell you - these were not easy to make! However, keep reading, though - because they were definitely worth all the work!


I had some trouble getting the dough to the right consistency, but after adding a little more flour, it formed into very nice dough. It needed to rise for an hour, so I let it rise in my cooler with a microwaved hot pack in there.


After that, it was time to cut out the English muffins. I can assure you that my English muffins will not earn any awards for the best looking muffins! In fact, mine are downright ugly!


Thankfully, their ugliness did not affect the taste. After my husband ate one, I asked him how it was. His response? "These are good. They are better than store-bought!"

And that is what makes these worth the work! :) I will certainly be making these again for my husband in the future.

Next month: Homemade Gluten Free Pita Bread.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!