Friday, October 29, 2010

Freezer Cooking: Part 3

I accomplished a lot during my four hours of freezer cooking on Thursday.

In Part 1 of my freezer cooking adventure, I boiled chicken (for chicken taco meat), made chicken broth, cooked up two pounds of taco meat and made a big batch of homemade pizza sauce.

In Part 2, I made Apple Cinnamon muffins and Homemade Peanut Butter cups.

So what does one's kitchen look like after all that cooking?

Doesn't this look like fun?!
Yeah, it makes quite the mess. But, if it makes things easier on busy weeknights, it's worth it! In all reality, it didn't take me that long to clean it up.

And what does my freezer look like?




It's full - but not filled to capacity! I could definitely fit more in here! It's all about organizing it the right way. I like to group certain things together (meats, breakfast items, bread products, cheese...) so it's easier to find what I need. It also makes it easier not to "lose" things in the freezer!

This was my first large-scale freezer cooking experience and I'm very pleased with what I did! I am going to work on our November menu plan this weekend and my freezer cooking will help with that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!