Sunday, August 14, 2011

Menu Plan 8/14


Last week was a crazy week for us, but I'm happy to say that we survived! Our Vacation Bible School was very successful. My husband and I both came down with colds after the week, but hopefully they won't be long-lasting colds!

I've got two more weeks of babysitting (just five full days, since I'm part-time) and after that, I'll officially be jobless. I'll be substitute teaching this year in our school district, but that's obviously not consistent. I think I'm okay with not working, though. I am looking forward to putting more effort into homemaking. I do a fine job now...but there's always room for improvement! I'd like to be more organized and intentional about homemaking, especially before we have kids.

This is basically a normal week for us, which will be really nice! I really need to make some gluten free bread and homemade pizza sauce this week, too.

Sunday: Pizza burgers or grill, veggies, potatoes. Italian-style shepherd's pie, veggies (We never had this last week!)

Monday: Fiesta chicken with rice, veggies.

Tuesday: Meatloaf (I follow this recipe loosely), veggies, roasted potatoes.Spaghetti, garlic toast.

Wednesday: Garlic parmesan chicken, roasted potatoes, veggies.

Thursday: Tacos/quesadillas (hamburger meat with homemade taco seasoning)

Friday: Grill.

Saturday: Grill.

For breakfast, we each grab what we want: waffles, muffins, cinnamon rolls, pancakes, cold cereal, yogurt, etc.

For lunch, I usually eat leftovers or something simple, like grilled cheese or quesadillas. My husband eats a sandwich or leftovers - he takes his lunch to work most days.

This post is linked to Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday!

2 comments:

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!