Sunday, November 13, 2011

Menu Plan 11/13: Garlic Cheddar Chicken, Tacos + more!


I've already got three days of substitute teaching lined up for this week, which is fantastic! Other than that, this week is relatively normal.

Confession: We didn't completely follow last week's menu plan. We ate at Culver's on Sunday because it was just one of those days. On Monday night, we had the Italian Cream Cheese Casserole (which was delicious) and on Tuesday night, I made Carnitas. We didn't have Garlic Cheddar Chicken, and we didn't have Parmesan Garlic Chicken, either, because my husband offered to grill. Why would I ever turn that down?!

We did really like the Creamy Chilaquiles (although I altered the recipe, of course) and we also enjoyed the Crispy Pizza Wraps. Both (along with the Italian Cream Cheese Casserole) will likely make appearances on our menu in the future!

So, even though we didn't exactly follow our menu plan, you can see we still ate very well last week. The nice thing about having a menu plan is that it offers so much flexibility!

Are you interested in menu planning? Read my two part series about why menu planning is so beneficial and how to get started. I promise it will help you live more intentionally!

Grandma's Taco Soup

Sunday: Grandma's Taco Soup (leftover from a few weeks ago; I had frozen it).

Monday: Garlic Cheddar Chicken, easy roasted potatoes, veggies.

Tuesday: Tacos with homemade seasoning, salad with Artisan lettuce (from Aldi).

Wednesday: Leftovers.

Thursday: Chicken, Broccoli and Potato Divan (I'll probably use carrots instead since I don't have any broccoli), salad with Artisan lettuce (from Aldi).

Friday: Pizza burgers, fried potatoes, veggies.

Saturday: Pork roast in the crockpot or something on the grill (for the last time).

Have you “liked” Our Frugal Happy life on Facebook yet? We have lots of fun over there, too!

This post is linked to Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday and Celiac Family's Gluten Free Menu Swap!

2 comments:

  1. Some weeks you've just got to go with the flow. Offers of grilling are gifts I never turn down. Looks like a flavorful week this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Wendy @ Celiacs in the House Yes, going with the flow is a must. That's why I menu plan!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!