Saturday, December 22, 2012

2012 Final Update: Do It Yourself Experiments

Homemade English Muffins

Here's the final update on how I did with my Do It Yourself projects in 2012:

January: I made my own Christmas gift tags.

February: I made Homemade English Muffins. These were a huge hit with my husband and I have made them several times since! We have found that they freeze very well.

March: I attempted Gluten Free Pita Bread. Unfortunately, this experiment basically flopped.

Artisan Bread

April: I made Artisan Bread. This was also a success (and very easy!)!

June: I learned how to crochet and started a dishcloth.

July: I made Homemade Strawberry Jam. I didn't blog about this experiment, but it was very easy and tasted delicious.

August: I didn't try anything in August.

September: I made a homemade apple pie with a homemade gluten free crust.

I didn't attempt any projects during the last three months of the year. With the craziness of life, these projects (unfortunately) fell by the wayside.

Through my experiments, I did find a few new recipes that I liked. And we put the Christmas gift tags to good use this year, too! I intend to make gift tags again after Christmas this year.

Learning how to crochet was definitely the highlight of my year! I am using my newfound skill to crochet a baby blanket for our baby girl, who is due in February. It's been so fun to work on this special project just for her!

I am not planning on creating a similar list for 2013 as it's going to be a busy year with a baby on the way. However, I am always trying new recipes and seeking to be creative in my daily life - and stretch myself a bit in the process!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!