Both my husband and I like homemade Sloppy Joe sandwiches. I usually eat mine in a corn tortilla actually! I find that works better for me.
A few months ago, I stumbled upon this recipe for Pizza Sloppy Joes and was intrigued. We love pizza, so I figured we couldn't go wrong with this! I altered the recipe the first time I made it based on the ingredients I had on hand and we loved it! It's become part of our menu rotation.
Pizza Sloppy Joes
- 3/4 - 1 lb. ground beef
- small onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 8-10 pieces of pepperoni, cut up
- 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 8 oz. of homemade pizza sauce (store-bought would work, too)
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet on the stove with onion and green pepper. Drain when finished.
- Stir in tomato sauce, pizza sauce, pepperoni pieces and seasonings. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the shredded cheese. Simmer for several more minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve on buns or in tortillas. Add shredded mozzarella cheese when serving if desired.
Chebe gluten free rolls are a great addition to this meal! Read my review of Chebe gluten free products here.