As the month of May wraps up (where has the year gone?!), here's an update on how I've been doing with my goals. How are you doing when it comes to accomplishing your goals?
2012 Yearly Goals
- Read 36 books in 2012 = three per month. Still doing really well with reading!
Completely reorganize our filing cabinet. I intend to spend at least one hour per week on this (during an average week).
- Complete one Do-It-Yourself project per month. I didn't make hamburger buns this month as our freezer was simply too full!
- Exercise regularly - at least three times per week. The workouts are tough, but I am surviving!
- Create monthly goals (a new concept, but similar to my weekly goals) for my personal life.
- Continue creating weekly goals. Weekly goals (and goal-setting in general) are making such a huge difference for me this year!
Blog - All of these goals are going well!
- Post a Do-It-Yourself project update at the end of each month.
- Post reading updates as I finish books.
- Post two new recipes per month.
- Create monthly goals for my blog.
Marriage and Family
- Continue reading through the Bible together according to this two year plan (we are on year two). We are going to finish the Old Testament this weekend!
- Read several books about marriage and family:
The Meaning of Marriage, 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families and Power of a Praying Wife.
- Continue supporting each other through a huge upcoming change in our lives.
- Read five books.
Ebook: How My Soul Yearns by Ashley WellsRead my reviews on How My Soul Yearns, The Meaning of Marriage and He Remembers the Barren (an additional book).
- Be Centsable by Chrissy Pate and Kristin McKee This will be on the list for June.
The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller Dear Birthmother by Kathleen SilberRead my thoughts in this post. Successful Adoption: A Guide for Christian Families by Natalie Nichols GillespieThis was an excellent book!
- Complete my DIY project: Homemade Hamburger Buns for my husband. No room in the freezer!
Exercise three times per week for 30 minutes each time.
- Organizational projects
Carts in office.So glad to have this project completed!
- Childhood "memories." I'd like to purchase plastic totes to put our items in so they are protected. (This project will hopefully happen later this summer.)
- Continue planning Vacation Bible School -
begin registration, finalize leaders.
- Post two recipes.
Cheeseburger MeatloafThis is a super quick meal to throw together!
- Salsa Chicken - Look for this recipe tomorrow!
Post reading updates throughout the month.
- Post an update about my DIY project.
Continue with my Top 10 series . This month, we're looking at the items that I don't purchase.